Dear SIGCOMM Community Members,
Open Access is becoming increasingly important for the scientific community. The SIG is working with ACM to enable ‘gold’ OA on all SIGCOMM-sponsored conferences. More news on that front will follow in due course. In the meantime, good luck to those of you awaiting results from SIGCOMM 2015, and to those submitting to IMC 2015.
Here is the news for this month:
1. SIGCOMM Rising Star Award Nominations
2. SIGCOMM 2015 call for posters, demos, and the ACM student research competition
3. SIGCOMM 2015 call for industrial demos
4. Call for Participation: ACM SIGCOMM Symposium on SDN Research.
5. CCR April 2015 issue now online
6. Nominations due for the ACM Sigmetrics Rising star award
1. The annual SIGCOMM Rising Star Award recognizes a young researcher who has made outstanding research contributions to the field of communication networks. Each year, ACM SIGCOMM will present a "Rising Star" Award, recognizing a young researcher - an individual no older than 35 - who has made outstanding research contributions to the field of communication networks during this early part of his or her career. Depth, impact, and novelty of the researcher's contributions will be key criteria upon which the Rising Star award committee will evaluate the nominees. Also of particular interest are strong research contributions made independently from the nominee's PhD advisor. The award will be presented at the annual ACM CoNEXT conference, where the award-winner will deliver a keynote address. Conference registration, travel, and lodging for the awardee will be paid by ACM SIGCOMM. Nominations must be sent to Bruce Maggs by August 15, 2015, 11:59pm EDT. http://www.sigcomm.org/awards/sigcomm-rising-star-award
2. The SIGCOMM poster and demo sessions showcase works-in-progress in an informal setting. Topics of interest are the same as research topics in the SIGCOMM conference call for papers. We strongly encourage student and industry submissions. The SIGCOMM poster session will also serve as an ACM Student Research Competition. The CFP is online here:
3. The industrial demo session at SIGCOMM 2014 in Chicago had a great turnout and positive feedback, so it returns for SIGCOMM 2015. This session showcases demos from industry in the area of networking, networked systems, and networked applications, bringing industry and academia together around demos of innovative and cutting-edge networking products. Note the Submission Deadline of May 27. For details of the call see: http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2015/cfid.php
4. Building on the success of the HotSDN (Hot Topics in Software Defined Networking) workshop, the Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR) is the premiere venue for research publications on SDN. Co-locating SOSR with the Open Networking Summit (ONS) provides an opportunity for more interaction between researchers and practitioners and more influence on the networking industry. In addition, registered SOSR attendees can attend shared keynote, plenary, and panel sessions, and the social event, on June 17-18 at ONS. Details at http://opennetsummit.org/sosr/sosr-register/ (Early reg by May 9th)
5. April issue of Computer Communications Review, our community’s quarterly newsletter is now online! see the list of papers and access them openly on http://www.sigcomm.org/ccr/papers/2015/April/
6. The 2015 ACM SIGMETRICS Rising Star Research Award will be presented at the ACM SIGMETRICS 2015 conference http://www.sigmetrics.org/sigmetrics2015/, June 15-19, 2015, in Portland, OR, USA. The award is given annually to recognize a rising star in our community who demonstrates outstanding potential for research in the field of computer and communication performance. The selection will be based on the impact of the candidate's work in the field in creating promising new ideas, paradigms and tools related to the performance analysis of computer and communication systems. Please submit all nominations via email by Friday April 24, 2015. For details about the nomination process see: http://www.sigmetrics.org/awards.shtml#risingstar
That’s all for now!
CFPs for Upcoming SIGCOMM-sponsored conferences:
CFPs for Upcoming in-cooperation-with SIGCOMM conferences: