SIGCOMM Best Paper Award
SIGCOMM gives a 'best paper' award to the best paper in the SIGCOMM conference. If a student is not the main author of that paper, then SIGCOMM also gives a best student paper to the best paper whose main author is a student.
Best Paper Award Winners
2012: Ali Ghodsi, Vyas Sekar, Matei Zaharia, Ion Stoica, Multi-Resource Fair Queueing for Packet Processing
- 2011: Shyamnath Gollakota, Haitham Hassanieh, Benjamin Ransford, Dina Katabi, and Kevin Fu, "They Can Hear Your Heartbeats: Non-Invasive Security for Implanted Medical Devices"
- 2010: Binbin Chen, Zling Zhou, Yuda Zho, and Haifeng Yu, "Efficient Error Estimating Coding: Feasibility and Applications"
- 2009: Paramvir Bahl, Ranveer Chandra, Thomas Moscibroda, Rohan Murthy, and Matt Welsh, "White Space Networking with Wi-Fi like Connectivity"
- 2008: Shyamnath Gollakota and Dina Katabi, "ZigZag Decoding: Combating Hidden Terminals in Wireless Networks".
By default, the PC chairs are the selection committee chairs, but either may transfer the job of selection committee chair over to someone selected by the SIGCOMM EC if they so choose. The selection committee chairs may appoint additional committee members if they so choose.
Exclusions to avoid conflict of interest:
- Papers co-authored by the PC chair(s) are not eligible.
- Papers co-authored by members of the selection committee are not eligible.
- Papers in conflict with the selection committee chair(s) are not eligible.